Perfecting Your Brows with Microblading Treatments in London
What Is Microblading?
Getting your brows done is a two-session process. Including your consultation, the initial treatment usually takes up to 3 hours and is followed by a touch-up appointment when your brows are fully healed 6 weeks later. This will enhance the colour and define any faded strokes or shading. Your second appointment must take place no longer than 3 months after the first.
Providing to your personal style in brows, giving a natural and fuller look. The effects of this semi-permanent makeup treatment can last up to 12 to 24 months, depending on your skin type (this is usually shorter for oily skin types). Once the pigment has faded, your skin and your natural brows will look exactly as they were.
Are There Any Side Effects?
During the first week after treatment, itching, mild swelling, and redness are also normal. Your brows will look slightly darker at first, but the colour will fade by 30 to 40% as it heals. Aftercare ointments will be provided on your first appointment.
How Do I Take Care of My Brows?
Gently pat your brows with a tissue and once they are completely dry, apply a small amount of 100% coconut oil or grapeseed oil using a cotton swab – do not over-apply as there is just to moisturise, and they should not leave a noticeable shine on your brow. Repeat this process for the first seven days after treatment.
Another important part of aftercare is to protect your brows from all moistures, ointments, and creams. This means avoiding sweaty workouts, swimming, and hot baths or showers until your brows have completely healed. You should not undertake any other treatments, including tanning beds, and avoid touching your brows unnecessarily.
Furthermore, let any scabs or dry skin fall out naturally and do not pick them, or you will pull the pigment out. It is normal for strokes and shading to disappear within 6 weeks, which is why we have the second appointment in this two-session process.
Does It Hurt?
Before Your Treatment
- Do Not Drink Alcohol within 48 Hours of Your Appointment as It Will Thin Your Blood and Cause More Bleeding Than Normal, Which Could Ruin the Final Look
- Do Not Self-Tan or Wax around the Eyebrows
- Do Not Exfoliate around the Eyebrows or Use Any Other Treatments or Products That Could Irritate Your Skin
- Do Not Book Treatments If You Are Pregnant
- Do Not Book Treatments If You Have Liver Disease
- Do Not Book Treatments If You Have Allergies to Rubbing Alcohol, Numbing Cream, or Inks
- Do Not Book Treatments If You Have Any Skin Conditions on or near Your Eyebrows, including:
- Please Note That This Treatment May Be Unsuitable for Clients with Sensitive Skin, as Skin May Be More Inflamed and Swollen, Which Will Take Longer to Heal